Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Cute Little Bugger

My talented dad makes these flies, I guess they're called. Anyway this time I painted one and nabbed a few more for further painting. I think it's so cute and when I showed my dad, he said, "cute little bugger," hence the title. That's the extent of my painting for the 2 weeks I spent in NY. I did go to the Met and saw some wonderful paintings. This time I focused on the Dutch paintings, but saw many others including the American wing. Museums used to be a big part of my life until I moved to Fl. I miss them. We also went to the National Gallery in DC where there was a Cassatt and Degas exhibit. Very crowded. They have a wonderful Ingres and I saw a Raeburn painting that knocked my socks off. I also loved the Sargent painting of a forest floor. Wish I could have spent more time there. So now I'm home and have to get back to my painting a day.

No comments: