Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Plein Air Paintings



Anna Maria and Backyard View
I've been wanting to paint outdoors, but it's Fl. in the summer and it's hot! I finally went to the beach and painted the clouds and water. It was exciting to paint in public instead of nerve wracking like it sometimes can be. I used water soluble oils and my homemade cigar pochade box. I realized have to rig up something to clip boards onto so I can paint a little bigger. The backyard view is out my studio window and at the end of a day of working on 2 larger paintings, I felt the need to paint fast and loose. The sun was setting and really lighting up the spanish moss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cheryl Meehan,

My name is Maria Stella. I am a gallery representative, working with Agora Gallery, which is located in Chelsea, the art district of New York City.

May I send you some information about the gallery and promotional services which may be of interest to you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Maria Stella
Gallery Representative | Agora Gallery
Email: Maria@Agora-Gallery.com
Website: www.Agora-Gallery.com|www.Art-mine.com