Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chinese Bowl with Limes


I have a Goodwill store habit and that's where I got this lovely bowl. The limes came off my hybrid tree. I haven't acknowledged the books on tape that I've been listening to lately while painting. I'm now listening to Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, which is intense and very moving. I'm hearing it for the second time. I'm also reading her book Heretic. Also great. I listened to Barbara Kingsolver's new book, Flight Behavior for the first day of this painting, which was kind of upsetting because we've been having crazy weather including tons of rain just like in her book. I won't tell you the bad news about that because I don't want to ruin an interesting read. I'm also reading Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf and I'm loving it. Reminds me of Ann Tyler's writing. 

1 comment:

Darlene Young said...

Great job with the pattern on the bowl. I too love hunting for props for my paintings in thrift stores. Some of my favorite jars and vases come from recycle boxes on the street too.