Monday, August 25, 2014

Katydid

I've been gone for a couple of weeks because I went back to work also because I was working on two larger paintings that aren't resolved yet. What a pleasure it was to be back in the studio and painting again. I had a similar still life set up for a while and finally, I got around to painting it. I found this bug last year and have been meaning to paint it but I guess I was intimidated by the wings.  I found a dragon fly too, so I guess there's more bugs to come. I'm hoping to find a butterfly and birds eggs. I'm always looking for weird stuff when I walk my dog. Recently I found a plastic teradactyl.
I listened to Ken Follett's The Winter of the World while painting this picture. I highly recommend it and his other books, as well. He's just brilliant!

No comments: