Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sue 7x9"

This painting is $100.00 plus s/h.

I've had the luxury for the past year to paint instead of work. We moved to Florida under the mistaken belief that its cheaper to live here than New York. Not true. My husband and I agreed that when we moved, he'd earn our daily bread and allow me to pursue my painting, which he has. A year and a few months later reality is rearing it's goofy head and barking at me, you have to get a job! I've been subbing, but I don't think that's gonna do it. So, hi ho, hi ho. it's back to teaching I go. At least it's a rewarding and often fun profession.

Lately though, just knowing I 'm going back has turned me all around and I've hardly been painting. I've also been stressed by the constant worry of trying to get a good painting everyday and I'm a slow painter, so sometimes these 5x7's take me all day. (I've been trying to work on speed.)I'm going to try to keep on painting every day because I've learned so much in the past couple of months , but I don't expect to post everyday anymore. I'm going to do my best.

1 comment:

karen said...

Good luck! I'll keep checking your page to see what you're up to...I love the painting I have - makes me smile every time I look up from my desk and see it!